Black Forest Hotel Oberwiesenhof
Wellness, hiking, well-being on the forest island
The family-run Oberwiesenhof wellness hotel in Besenfeld is situated at an altitude where the Black Forest is at its most beautiful and cordially invites you to stay for a while and relax. The four-star hotel with the feelgood factor offers its guests culinary delights for both body and soul in a warm and informal atmosphere.
Seewald-Besenfeld is located in the middle of the northern Black Forest at an altitude of 800 metres and is ideal for a relaxing holiday with its largely untouched countryside and its extensive network of hiking trails on the high plateau.
In addition to its breathtaking scenery, the Black Forest Nature Park Central/North cannot fail to impress you with its attractive sights and cultural and pampering offers: monasteries which started to open up the Black Forest long ago (e.g. the Monastery of Alpirsbach, Monastery of Hirsau), castles and palaces (e.g. the Altes Schloss (Old Palace) in Baden-Baden), prominent museums (e.g. the Frieder Burda collection in Baden-Baden) or the popular Vogtsbauernhof open-air museum in Gutach testify to a long history of Black Forest culture.
A number of attractive tourist routes such as the Schwarzwaldhochstraße (Black Forest High Road), the Schwarzwald-Bäderstraße (Black Forest Spa Road) or the Badische Weinstraße (Baden Wine Road) lead through the Black Forest Nature Park.
- Walking tour to our hunting lodge in private woodland with schnaps and a hearty traditional German snack (Mondays)
- Hiking tips for flat hiking trails on our high plateau
- Shuttle service to starting points for hiking tours
- Besenfeld Fountain Walk
- Besenfeld Adventure-Finnenbahn (natural running track)
- ‘Felix der Seewaldfuchs’ nature and adventure trail around Besenfeld
- Introductory Nordic walking courses for beginners and advanced courses
- Nordic walking sticks
- Mountain bikes
- New! From early summer 2011: e-bikes (extra charge)
- XXL pool (16 x 10 m, 29 °C) with lounge, whirlpool 34 °C, Wellness area with quiet areas
- Massage and beauty parlour with in-house qualified personnel
- Fitness room with ultra-modern cardio equipment, instruction in the use of the equipment by our physiotherapist
- ‘The 5 Tibetans’ relaxation exercises
- 3 tennis courts (artificial grass and quartz sand) charge €7/hr
- Covered wagon and sleigh rides (extra charge)
- Fantastic cross-country skiing trails on the Besenfeld high plateau and long-distance cross-country skiing trail
- Weekly working display of our Märklin model railway